Did you know that you can actually lose more body weight if you have a better body image? According to a new research, if you spend less time thinking about your body and just focus on accepting it for what it is, you will have better chances of living a healthier and leaner life. Indeed, the happiness and wellness of a person highly depends on a healthy mental attitude.
Picture yourself in your mind, or better yet – look at the mirror. What do you see? What do you feel? That is your body image. It is actually the way you see yourself through generalisations and assumptions of your physical appearance such as weight, shape, and height. You can either have a positive body image or a negative body image – and experts are highly encouraging us to choose a healthy and positive body image.
Positive Body Image versus Negative Body Image
“My body looks disgusting”. “What? I only lost 10lbs this week?”. “Oh my! I gained 1/2Lb this week!”
Sounds familiar? If you think or say those things to yourself, then you have a negative perception about yourself – and that is a negative body image. People around you keeps saying that there’s nothing wrong with your body, but you always worry about how you look or how much you weigh. There is a high probability that you will be obsessing about your body shape so you exert needless efforts to change it.
It’s a whole lot different story when you have a positive body image. You feel good about yourself. You don’t care what people say so you feel content and happy in front of a mirror. This is what the modern generation must look up to because it is an admirable trait valuing yourself more than what you physically look like to other people.
5 Tips on Having a Positive Body Image
- Distance yourself from the negative. This includes ignoring negative conversations on body image, mentioning or side-commenting negatively about other people’s body. Your brain absorbs all information and it cannot clearly recognize the difference between what it hears, says, or thinks. Even if you are telling someone a thing about losing weight – your brain would think that it is directed to you.
- Stay away from offending media. The way you feel about yourself is highly influenced by what you see and hear. The media – be it through television, radio, or publishing – have been showing too good to be true images of people that make you feel negatively about your own skin. Save yourself the trouble by minimizing exposure to these things.
- Learn to meditate. Frustrating thought cycles is bad for you, so it is best to learn how to clear them out of your system. Meditating for 5 to 10 minutes is all you need so might as well discover how it’s done the right way.
- Watch what you eat. It’s as simple as staying away from unhealthy foods and start ingesting foods that your body really needs. Being attentive of what you eat will help your body’s overall health in terms of digestion, energy, mood levels, and hormonal balance.
- Be confident on your own skin. If you look at the mirror and all you see are negative things – start changing that mindset and try to be positive about your body. Those negative thoughts need to be replaced with positive thoughts so that it will radiate through you.
Learn How To Have A Healthy Body Image from Nutrition & Weight Loss Company
Do you want to improve your body image? Your trusted Nutrition & Weight Loss Company can help you improve your body and quality of life. As your health partner, we will be with you along the way while you are on the road to improving your body and self-esteem. Nutrition & Weight Loss Company offers top of the line holistic services that can promote and uphold a positive body image within you. Call us today on (07) 5527 4300 or simply book your appointment online. Experience the benefits of the chiropractic lifestyle today!